Classic Conveyor Maintenance
DURATRANS CLASSIC OVER / UNDER CONVEYOR
Maintenance Routine Procedures
• To prevent the possibility of damage to tires, visually inspect plastic dollie rollers for damage.
• Check overall performance for any abnormalities on the first few vehicles washed each day.
• To keep your machine clean, nightly wash downs are recommended (with a water hose). This should be done while conveyor is running
CAUTION MAKE SURE DOLLIES ARE ALL IN A DOWNWARD POSITION
• Inspect exit door bumpers, replace as required. Lubricate door pivot bearings.
• Inspect idler sprocket slides for dirt build up and excess wear. Replace as required.
• Lubricate sprocket idler bearings at entrance end of conveyor.
• Lubricate demand ramp bearings.
Note: Before Greasing and after Greasing wipe off all bearing seal surfaces and Zerks.
• When reinstalling plastic proximity cover apply antiseize to bolts. This will be helpful at next
scheduled preventive maintenance.
• Clean all chain idler rollers and axles and make sure they are turning freely.
• Inspect chain for wear.
• The manufacturer pre-fills the gearbox with EPPCO GL-5 85W 140 gear oil. It should be checked every month to be sure the proper amount of lubricant is maintained. To do this, unscrew the setscrew located half way up the side of the gearbox. The oil level should be up to this point (the set screw opening). If the level is lower, refill with EPPCO GL-5 85W 140 or equivalent gear oil. See information on Heco Gear Reducer.
• Tighten chain. Chain tension varies based upon chain length and dollie spacing. The chain should be
tightened until there is between 3/8” and 1/2” between the spring coils.
CAUTION: LOOSE CHAIN CAN CAUSE SERIOUS DAMAGE.